Meet the Porter Bag — A Better Bag for Easy, Clean Meal Prep & Storage
Been cooking a lot these days? Us too. We’ve used Porter Bowls and make-and-take containers for meal prep and food storage, but something was missing — we needed a better, reusable version of the plastic storage bag. Those single-use plastic bags just aren’t cutting it, and we need an option that’s more eco-friendly and much more versatile than the humble baggie.
Enter the Porter Bag, our reusable silicone bags offering equal parts design and utility. The Porter Bag is a new kitchen staple you can use to freeze, steam, store, sous-vide and preserve your food, and it was born from months of innovation and iteration.
We thought through everything, and we’re excited to get these sustainable Porter Bags into your kitchen. They are perfect for every day use, and they make great sandwich bags or snack bags. Porter Bags are freezer safe, dishwasher safe, microwave safe, leak proof, BPA-free and a must-have for any kitchen. Here are just a few of the many features and benefits of these revolutionary food storage containers.
- A zip top design featuring a secure, easy-open seal keeps contents (dry or wet) protected during transport and storage. No need to worry about unexpected messes at home or on the go!
- Airtight seal helps you reduce food waste — press air out of the reusable Porter Bag before sealing to keep your food fresh longer.
- Crafted from one single piece of food-grade silicone, the Porter Bag offers sturdy construction and peace of mind, with no chemicals, glues or adhesives. These pouches are completely free of PEVA, phthalates, BPA, PVC and other potentially harmful materials. This means that, with these food-grade silicone bags, you will never have to worry about what could be leaching into your food. The peace of mind they offer is simply unparalleled.
- Its one-piece design enables you to flip it inside out to clean it with soapy water (you can even throw it in the dishwasher), and curved corners ensure there are no hard-to-reach spots that trap pesky buildup. Whether you choose to hand-wash or toss your silicone storage bags in the dishwasher, you will never have to worry about trapped food or bacteria.
- In addition to looking great, Porter Bags are highly functional. A clear front allows for easy viewing of contents while the stylish back panel offers a sleek pop of color. Whether you use your bags in the freezer, fridge or pantry, they will look beautiful and you won’t have any trouble determining what each one contains. They are definitely a huge upgrade from regular Ziploc bags!
- Porter Bags are perfect for sous vide cooking. Simply place your ingredients in a silicone bag, squeeze out the excess air, seal and cook to a precise temperature in a water bath. Unlike plastic baggies, our reusable silicone bags won’t leach potentially harmful chemicals into your food while cooking.
We designed the Porter Bag in five sizes with both layflat and standup designs to cover all your needs:
- The 10oz Porter Bag is ideal for snacks of all shapes from blueberries to pretzel sticks, or even half an onion, avocado or block of cheese. If you are looking for a snack size bag for taking your favorite treats on the go, the 10oz Porter Bag is the way to go!
- The 34oz Porter Bag is ideal for holding a sandwich to put in your lunch box, storing frozen smoothie ingredients, packing a handful of chips and cookies or freezing scraps and peelings for broths.
- The 46oz Porter Bag is ideal for freezing soups and tomato sauces for compact, flat storage, freezing whole bananas and other fruit for smoothies, marinating meat and poultry and freezing (and defrosting) portions of meat. They work well for storing certain veggies, too, and keeping them fresh in your fridge until you are ready to use them.
- The 36oz Standup Porter Bag is easy to load, unload and store upright, making it ideal for storing frozen fruits and vegetables, fresh herbs in the fridge and bunches of grapes.
- The 50oz Standup Porter Bag is ideal for holding dry grains, leftover chips and frozen cookie dough balls. This is the largest of our reusable silicone food storage bags and, as such, it’s one of the most versatile options.
Like the rest of our Porter Collection, the Porter Bag is a sleek way to curb single-use plastics, and we think you’ll find it immensely versatile and usable. Plus, don’t put this new Porter baby in a corner — the Porter Bag has many other storage uses, such as office supplies, jewelry, matches, toiletries or even a wet swimsuit.
Whether you use your Porter bag as a food container, cookware or even a storage container for non-food items, you’ll surely be impressed by their versatility and durability. Check out our complete collection of in-stock Porter Bags today, and we promise you will be amazed. Once you try these reusable silicone bags, you’ll wonder how you ever dealt with flimsy, wasteful plastic bags.
Shop the Porter Bag here, and show us how you use yours by tagging @wandpdesign #myporterbag on Instagram.