Shop The Recipe
The Host Set
makes 6 servings
2 pounds baby potatoes
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
½ cup olive oil
10 thyme sprigs
4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup finely chopped chives and chive blossoms (if available)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water with salt until it tastes like seawater. Add the potatoes and simmer until they’re just tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes. Drain and reserve.
- Heat a cast-iron griddle or two large skillets on the grill or stovetop over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and olive oil. Add a thin layer of the butter-oil mixture to the griddle.
- On a flat surface, crush each potato slightly with your hands until it just bursts, and then place it on the griddle along with the thyme and garlic.
- Working in batches, cook the potatoes until crisp and browned on one side, about 4 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is browned and crisp, about 4 minutes longer.
- Transfer the potatoes, thyme and garlic to a platter and season with sea salt and pepper. Garnish with the chives and serve immediately.