As native Virginians, peach bourbon is as natural to W&P co-founders Eric and Josh as summer itself. Peach season in southern Virginia ends with a dramatic rush of ripe fruit—and an equally intense desire to preserve that fleeting flavor. This recipe is one of the simplest way to capture summer's essence before it slips away.
Makes 14 oz
- 2 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and cut into eighths
- 14 oz of Kentucky bourbon
- Place the peaches in a 16 oz Mason jar and add the bourbon. Seal and shake to combine.
- Let sit in a cool, dark place for four weeks.
- Strain the infused bourbon through cheesecloth, squeezing out excess liquid from the peaches. The infusion will keep for up to one year when stored in a cool, dark place.