Owney’s Rum Caipirinha
The Caipirinha is the national drink of Brazil and usually consists of lime, sugar and Cachaça (a Brazilian spirit similar to rum). Here, we've mixed it up a bit by using one of our favorite locally distilled spirits, Owney's Rum, and key limes.
Owney's Rum is supremely sippable and has distinct aromas of pineapple and tropical citrus. And The Noble Experiment is the only completely female-operated distillery in the US, how rad is that? The flavors of Owney's Rum also pair perfectly with the citrus in this cocktail.
Owney's Rum Caipirinha
Makes two drinks
- 4 key limes, quartered
- 4 cubes Demerara cane sugar
- 3 shots Owney’s Rum (if you can’t find Owney’s you can substitute in another good white rum)
- 1 shot water
- 2 key lime slices (for garnish)
- Divide the limes and cane sugar cubes between two rocks glasses.
- Add the water and muddle until the limes are juiced.
- Pour half of the rum into each of the two glasses. Top with ice until nearly filled.
- Stir and garnish with the lime slices.