Inspired by a cocktail we tried at Trick Dog in San Francisco, the El Coronel combines smoky mezcal with fresh lime, apple cider, honey and mustard powder to create an intriguing cocktail that's strangely addictive.
You may be thinking, "mustard powder in a cocktail?" but trust us on this one. Mustard may seem like a wild card, but it adds a completely unique spicy element to this recipe. Get adventurous and give it a try this weekend!
Makes two drinks
- 3 shots Mezcal
- 1 shot fresh lime juice
- 2 shots apple cider
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 3/4 shot honey
- 2 slices lime (for garnish)
- Add all ingredients except the lime slices to The Mason Shaker.
- Stir the mixture in the bottom of the shaker until the honey and mustard powder are dissolved.
- Add ice to just above the level of the liquid and shake for 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into rocks glasses, each containing a single large cube of ice. Garnish with remaining slices of lime.