Kick Off The New Year With This Fresh Green Juice
After the holiday season, we usually need to set the alcohol aside and give our bodies a much-needed detox. Kick the New Year off on the right foot by filling your glasses with something healthy and delicious. We suggest mixing up this quick green juice from our book Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails.
Muddling kale, ginger and lemon juice in the bottom of the Mason Shaker produces a similar effect to using a juicer (with the added bonus of burning a few calories along the way) and yields a verdant green juice that packs a spicy ginger kick.
makes two drinks
- 8 shots apple cider
- 1 large handful of kale
- 2 shots fresh lemon juice
- 1 cube cane sugar
- 6 slices of fresh ginger
- Add the kale, lemon juice, cane sugar cubes and ginger to the Mason Shaker.
- Muddle the ingredients in the bottom of the Shaker until throughly crushed.
- Add the apple cider and ice to above the level of the liquid and shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into Collins glasses containing large cubes of ice.
This recipe comes from our cocktail recipe book Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails, available here.