Shop The Recipe
Everyday Ice Tray
You know that scene in The Shining when the little boy writes "redrum" on the wall, the camera pans to the mirror and in the reflection, you see that it spells out murder backwards? We get chills just thinking about it. But once those chills subsided, we thought to ourselves, "Man, RedRum sounds like a great name for a cocktail!"
Inspired by the New York Sour (a twist on the classic Whiskey Sour that features a float of red wine), the RedRum combines aged rum, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, cinnamon and a float of blood-red wine. It's scarily easy to make—and drink—and it makes an ideal sip for Halloween.
Makes two drinks
- 2 shots aged rum
- 1 shot fresh lemon juice
- 1 shot simple syrup
- 1 shot red wine
- 2 sticks cinnamon (and 2 for garnish)
- Combine aged rum, lemon juice, simple syrup and two sticks of cinnamon in the Mason Shaker.
- Add ice, cap and shake for 10 seconds.
- Strain into two rocks glasses containing ice.
- Gently pour red wine over the back of a bar spoon to create a float on each of the cocktails. Garnish with remaining cinnamon sticks.